network neighborhood

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nicol

network neighborhood

Post by *nicol »

I often use "additionnal filesystems" plugin with the network neighborhood facility but i have a problem on one of the platform i use.
On this one i installed win95 without network because i don't need it , so i can't access "additionnal filesystems" plugin while the network isn't necessary.
I think it's a mistake , is there another way to use plugins ?
Maybe TC needs to be modified !!!

regards

christian
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

TC should display the Network Neighborhood even if there is no network (at least it does so for me under W98SE).
Make sure you have neither "RestrictInterface=256" (or similar) nor "Allowed=" in your wincmd.ini. If yes post the appropriate lines here and we'll try to modify them.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Hacker

No it doesn't work on an old Win 95 machine without any network components installed.

2nicol

Yes there is a way to access filesystem plugins, but you have to know the name of the plugin. Example: You are using the filesystem plugin "Registry". To access it you have to enter "cd \\\Registry in your commandline. You can also use this command in the directory hotlist, the start menu menu and in a buttonbar button.
nicol

Post by *nicol »

Thanks for this info , it's works on my current machine (NT2000) and i will try it on WIN95 !

Christian
piranha

Post by *piranha »

It has been also issue for me, where system administrator has disabled Network Neighborhood using system policy. With TC I was not able to access the plugins. I hope that will be fixed in future version (alternate way of accessing plugins).
After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breath and reboot.