I have some suggestions for next version.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fableman

I have some suggestions for next version.

Post by *fableman »

Hope its OK to post some new idees I got.

* make a config box to enable "automatic recover if FTP transfer fails and continue with next file"
(verry irritating when you have marked like 100 files for download and one of the files cant be downloaded and all stops. Would be nice to get an error report after what files it couldent download.)

* if the network connection breaks and the ftp server goes down. make soo the reconnect work soo it remembers what files to start downloading again. And an auto retray option every 15 mins)

* an easy way to sort directories after dates. (the directories dont sort them like files do, with just a simple click)

* make SSH/FTP as an option (the plugin inplementation is poor)
Just popup a box with information regarding ssh and some contries problems with SSH.
I would love to use totalcommander instead of http://winscp.sourceforge.net

I been following wincommander from begining to this date.. Keep it going,, its awsome!!! Every company I work on I have got there eyes open for wincommander and I got them to buy a few licenses. :D

Sorry for poor english..Iam Swedish
..Hug..
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Re: I have some suggestions for next version.

Post by *djk »

fableman wrote: * an easy way to sort directories after dates. (the directories dont sort them like files do, with just a simple click)
Configuration / Options / Display / Sorting directories - Like files (also by time)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
fableman

Post by *fableman »

I heard rumors that the first thing you get blind on is the eyes.

I guess its a correct statment regarding to my self :) :) :) :)

Thanks alot for enligthen me about that setting.. :D
sdr

Post by *sdr »

I've noticed that if LAN connection is aborted the partialy downloaded file is deleted so no resume is possible :( I would like this to be optional and even better auto resume to be implemented there too as requested for FTP con
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

fableman,
* make SSH/FTP as an option
This unfortunately cannot be done because of the Swiss cryptography export laws. SCP support can only be done through a plugin and only if the person who writes that plugin lives in a country whose laws allow this.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
fableman

Post by *fableman »

then make a plugin that is open source and that integrates very well with Tcommander. :)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I made some suggestions for a better sftp/scp integration in the german forum. If you read german take a look at:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=1844&start=15
fableman

Post by *fableman »

sorry I dont :(

But I took the air plane from Sweden to Lubeck in Germany Yesterday and drank some beer and then got home again,, same day :) Only for 46 euro with ryanair :)

But dident lern much german on that trip... But I manage to order alot fo beer :) :)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2fableman

Ok I'll try to translate my text.

- FTP, HTTP, SCP and SFTP should use the same interface.
- new plugin type: Server (name suggestions are welcome).
- use the current connection details dialog with some improvements.
- add a button "Extended connection details" to the dialog. I imagine something like the "Configure" button in the pack files dialog. The button opens a dialog where extended connection details can be set.
- add a combox "connection type" to the dialog. FTP is the default. If you have installed the "sftp server plugin" SFTP will be shown in the combobox and so on.
- If you selected SFTP the "extended connection dialog" for SFTP will be shown after you pressed the "extended connection settings" button. This dialog is provided by the plugin (if necessary).
- Even FTP should have such a "extended connection details" dialog to offer an uniform interface to the user an to make the "connection dialog" more clearly (all FTP specific settings in the current dialog should be moved to the extended dialog). Of course FTP could be implemented as a plugin too, but this is not important, because it's a Total Commander core feature.
- Installation of a "server plugin" should be possible in the "connect to server" dialog or in the general configuration dialog.

Some more additions:
-Some filesystem plugins have one more entries somewhere in the filelist to add and edit connections. (Smartbrowser) is a good example to see that filesystem is not the right kind of plugin for this.
- Quick connect should be supported by the new plugin interface.
fableman

Post by *fableman »

sounds good to me..
anything is better then how its now..
and to keep using winscp would be sad.. cos it makes me crazy :)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

fableman winscp is a real bad program, but haven't seen SecureIxplorer. It's even worse!
fableman

Post by *fableman »

just pray that Totol Commander will do what others faild with... a solid fast ssh implementation with an awsome plugin :)
Joe @ Whale

Post by *Joe @ Whale »

Lefteous wrote: - FTP, HTTP, SCP and SFTP should use the same interface.
- new plugin type: Server (name suggestions are welcome).
- use the current connection details dialog with some improvements.
in interface.
Very good idea 8), I'll appreciate it very much if implemented. Actual state, ie. implementing SFTP as File System plug-in seems more than clumsy to me.