Crash problems with webdisk 5.2

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sgodlovitch

Crash problems with webdisk 5.2

Post by *sgodlovitch »

When using Total Commander 5.51 with Webdisk client (version 5.2) Total Commander consistently locks up and will not shut down using Ctrl-Alt-Del. A complete power shutdown is always required. The problem does not seem related to the OS, the video card, nor is it related to other concurrently running software. Webdisk creates a virtual U: client drive on the system's main server. This problem does not occur when using Windows Explorer. I would naturally prefer to use Total Commander for file management between my local machine and the virtual drive. Any suggestions?
j.x

Re: Crash problems with webdisk 5.2

Post by *j.x »

sgodlovitch wrote:... Total Commander consistently locks up and will not shut down using Ctrl-Alt-Del. A complete power shutdown is always required...
Sounds very strange! Are you running Windows 3.1 ? :shock:
When using later OS, such as NT / W2k / XP, you can always terminate a process with the task manager.
sgodlovitch

Post by *sgodlovitch »

Not running Win 3.1 -- on one machine I'm on XP Home Edition (laptop) and on another Windows 98 (desktop). The lockup and efforts to terminate Total Commander consistently calls up the Program Not Responding message and requires me to physically re-start the machine.
j.x

Post by *j.x »

...calls up the Program Not Responding message and requires me to physically re-start the machine...
Well, at least in XP you shouldn't be forced to restart the machine! From the Task manager you can click Terminate Process, and accept XP to kill it even if it's not responding. I think the same thing can be done in 98 (but I have never used 98 myself).
sgodlovitch

Post by *sgodlovitch »

The Terminate Process on Task Manager does not work in XP when Total Commander locks up under Webdisk Client, so I have to reset the machine physically.
Blind

Post by *Blind »

Use WebDrive 5.3 :)