Synchronize Dirs suggestion.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Daniel B.

Synchronize Dirs suggestion.

Post by *Daniel B. »

Good day,

The synchronize directories feature is a really cool option.

However, I would like to optionally re-scan the directories after the "Synchronization" and not having it done by default.

As it is right now, the copy of the files will take place, however TC is performing a scan of the directories once the synchronization is completed, which is a tad overdoing when performing synchros over FTP or when the directories are local but there are quite a few files and/or directories involved.

Best regards.

Once again, TC is an outstanding tool, many thanks to Christian to make such a progam a reality.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

No, you can only press Esc during rescaning.
Look here: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=4671#4671
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Daniel B.

Post by *Daniel B. »

Good day,

I knew that the "ESC" key would cancel the re-scan once the synchro is completed, however I aggree with the suggestions that were proposed in the topic you provided me the link for.

After all, the posts in that topic are roughly 5 months old, so perhaps something was considered, planned or whatever when the suggestions were revised.

I know for a fact that some features/options are requiring a fair amount of thoughts and code, however if we don't refresh some suggestions or ideas, they may fall in the dark and be fogotten for the eternity.

Best regards.