NoteTab Pro and Totalcmd glitch?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

navaja

NoteTab Pro and Totalcmd glitch?

Post by *navaja »

I use NoteTab pro.
When I use the "replace MS Notepad" option in notetab pro the edit (F4) in Totalcmd doesn't work anymore. Totalcmd should automatically use NoteTab instead of MSNotepad (like Windows does) when I set this option in NoteTab but for some reason it doesn't. Whether this is a problem in Totalcmd, NoteTab Pro, or me not adding a setting in wincmd.ini...I don't know. :(
lzvk25

Post by *lzvk25 »

I think it is an issue with Windows 2000 and XP.
I also use Notetab, but on my Win 9x and NT machines it works as always, but with Windows 2000 and XP, sometimes I have problems even with the regular windows explorer.

:?
Memo to Boss : No TC, No Work
Giannis

Post by *Giannis »

NoteTab reblace C:\windows\system\notepad.exe to C:\windows\system\notepad.bck(or something like this i don't remember)
and then place these files ->" notepad.exe and notepad.ini" in your windows\system folder.

Total Commander use notepad.exe from windows folder so copy these two files from windows/system to windows folder and its OK!!

Tip : you can edit notepad.ini to use your favorite text editor!!!

But Notetab is the best !
lzvk25

Post by *lzvk25 »

I already tried that, unfortunately the "Windows File Protection (WFP) monitoring system" does not allow me to replace the file notepad.exe.
Even when you use the option to replace notepad, Notetab warns you about this, at least this happens with Win 2K pro, which with Win 9x it doesn't.
The best way to solve this problem is to associate the corresponding file types to Notetab and this way, and of course, associate F4 to "Edit" in TC.

:wink:
Memo to Boss : No TC, No Work
Coco

Post by *Coco »

what about renaming the notepad.exe to notepad.bkp in c:\windows and then copy the one from c:\windows\system
This should do it.

ps: I prefer Utra-Edit 32 :-)
Alain
bobputnam

Post by *bobputnam »

I think that you can modify Windows' files if you log on with "Safe Mode with command prompt". At least, that was the only way I could remove sol.exe...
Bob P
3-User License 71012