wishlist

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ragornette

wishlist

Post by *ragornette »

maybe already said but ...

to be able to select differents files/directory in different folders then launch the copy/move or delete ... (TC keeps in memory everything I selected)

To be able to tag some files/folder, but when I say tag, it's like put some annotations on a folder (when I put the mouse over or some notes which are visible as soon as I go in the folder where I tagged the files/folders).
Not sure I explain myself clear
Or at least to be able to tag files/folders by changing their color!!!

Thanks
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Re: wishlist

Post by *djk »

ragornette wrote:to be able to select differents files/directory in different folders then launch the copy/move or delete ... (TC keeps in memory everything I selected)
You can or search the files/folders you want and then "Feed to listbox" or use Branch (Ctrl+B) or Tree view (Ctrl+F8 ) and then copy/move/delete the files you want.
ragornette wrote: To be able to tag some files/folder, but when I say tag, it's like put some annotations on a folder (when I put the mouse over or some notes which are visible as soon as I go in the folder where I tagged the files/folders).
You can add comments to files/folders (Ctrl+Z)
ragornette wrote: Or at least to be able to tag files/folders by changing their color!!!
You can "Define colors by File type" - Configuration / Options / Color
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ragornette

Post by *ragornette »

hummm
1)copy files from different folders: I mean I want to select some files/folders to copy (but in differents destination and source places) and then launch it
feed to listbox exist only in the search command if I'm not wrong.
Background task isn't what I want. I want a sequential copy not all the copies in the same time.
2)comments: yes you're right but I want them visible as soon as I'm in the correct folder. Imagine a list of folders, I'd like to see directly the comment on all of them if I go in the folders where they are.
3) colors: I want to put some colors whatever the extensions.
folders in red ==> stuff to do
folders in green ==> stuff done
folders in blue ==> urgent

Thanks for your anwser
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

ragornette wrote:hummm
2)comments: yes you're right but I want them visible as soon as I'm in the correct folder. Imagine a list of folders, I'd like to see directly the comment on all of them if I go in the folders where they are.
If you choose Comments View (Ctrl+Shift+F2) - you see all the comments at once.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

BTW: Maybe any of Temp drives plugins would help you. I've not tried any of them so I have no idea how they exactly work but maby they would be helpful.
Search at Club Total:
http://clubtotal.free.fr/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=26
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

2ragornette
ad 1) solution: Commands/Background Transfer Manager (BTM). BTM does a sequential copy.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

ragornette,
select differents files/directory in different folders then launch the copy/move or delete ... (TC keeps in memory everything I selected)
Imagine you forget to unselect all files before leaving a dir and launching a delete operation one hour later in some utterly different dir - the files you have forgotten to unselect would be deleted, too...

Roman
ragornette

Post by *ragornette »

Thanks for all your answers
I'm going to find out all that.

In order to answer to Hacker
There could be a summary listbox before launching it (with a big red color for the delete!!!) :)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

There could be a summary listbox before launching it
I am almost sure you would miss that one important file hiding somewhere at the bottom of the list...

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Coco

Post by *Coco »

and with the habit you will click ok or disable this list