file synch with CD-RW

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fbrunsch

file synch with CD-RW

Post by *fbrunsch »

I've used a Zip disk successfully with Total Commander's file synch commands to keep my hard disks at the office and home synchronized. (The only thing I have to be careful about is deleting or moving a directory.)

Now I want to use a CD-RW in the same way. However, the file dates are different after they are copied from the hard drive to the CD-RW - they seem to be exactly 5 hours earlier! I suspect this is because the date scheme used on the CD-RW is different than on the hard drive - maybe the CD-RW is in GMT?

I had the same difficulty when I tried using an FTP for the same purpose - dates were off by an hour, and Christian showed me a way to overcome it by incorporating a line in the config file so that TC ignored time differences of exactly 1 hour.

Is this the same type of problem? How can it be overcome? Does it simply require a line in the config file to ignore time differences of exactly 5 hours? (This presumably will work for me but not for other time zones.)
Fernand Brunschwig, Professor
Master of Arts in Teaching Program
Empire State College
State University of New York
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a bug of your packet writing software: It is ignoring the time zone settings for the function SetFileTime. Unfortunately I can no longer find the relevant e-mail, but recently a user who had the exact same problem told me that a newer version of the packet writing software corrected the problem.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fbrunsch

thanks

Post by *fbrunsch »

Thanks very much. FYI, and for others, I am using Easy CD Creator Version 5.3.4.21 SP8. This is what came bundled with a Dell laptop purchased this past August. I will try to find a shareware package that works properly. If I succeed, I'll report here for others. If I decide to upgrade, I'll also report what happens. If I upgrade and the bug isn't fixed, I'll report that as well, and the upgrade will be returned for a refund!
Fernand Brunschwig, Professor
Master of Arts in Teaching Program
Empire State College
State University of New York