folders-square brackets

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MirekL

folders-square brackets

Post by *MirekL »

Hello,
who knows how a man could delete/change these (not) nice brackets surrounding names of folders?
Coco

Post by *Coco »

Look in the help file and you will find:

DirBrackets=1 Show square brackets around directories (1/0, default=1)

Modify the wincmd.ini and add the line DirBrackets=0 in the [configuration] part
Alain
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-10, 21:42 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

This is a setting that belongs to the configuration dialog, and not by manually editing the INI. I see a lot of users asking how to disable these brackets.
Of all the planets I've been to, this one is my favorite.
Coco

Post by *Coco »

I think that with the new layout of the configuration window all options could be added in different categories.

Personally I don't have any problem by editing the ini and the options are explained in the help.
Alain
Leif

Post by *Leif »

Aezay wrote:This is a setting that belongs to the configuration dialog, and not by manually editing the INI. I see a lot of users asking how to disable these brackets.
Agree! Or perhaps better NOT showing them - [] - by default. Then if you want them there you'd have to edit the .INI file.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Aezay wrote:This is a setting that belongs to the configuration dialog, and not by manually editing the INI.
Coco wrote:I think that with the new layout of the configuration window all options could be added in different categories.
A lot of things should exist in the configuration. TC has hundrends (who knows, even thousands! :) ) of options but up to now, it would be very confusing if they all existed in the configuration. Perhaps the new layout will alow Christian to add to it as many options as possible. It will not be very easy though to add them all and not confuse the plain user. Let's see what Cristian will do...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

Maybe a standalone tweaking tool (something like TweakTC but with all tweaking options) from Christian or someone else is not bad. It should be an option for experienced users.