New Directory Tabs & Search Result

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Aezay

New Directory Tabs & Search Result

Post by *Aezay »

First, thanks for the new version Christian, I think you've earned yourself a break :wink:
18.09.03 Fixed: Blocked functions to duplicate search results tab
True, it says "function not supported" if you try to do so, but the shortcut Ctrl+T still works? Why even block this, there doesn't seem to be any side effects from duplicating the search result.

Also, I miss an option in the Find Files dialog to feed the result to a new tab.
Of all the planets I've been to, this one is my favorite.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

True, it says "function not supported" if you try to do so, but the shortcut Ctrl+T still works? Why even block this, there doesn't seem to be any side effects from duplicating the search result.
IIRC there have been some problems with copying the tab to other panel, etc., so Christian decided to disable the functions that would allow that. Ctrl-T isn't one of them.

Also, I miss an option in the Find Files dialog to feed the result to a new tab.
More of us do. :)

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed Ctrl+T for search results was added much later, but then I forgot to remove this error message from the menu. I will remove it in the next release. Use Ctrl+T in the meantime.
You need to open a new tab with Ctrl+T before starting the search. I will add it to my wish list.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
SUKER

Post by *SUKER »

2ghisler(Author)
Thanks for the HARDWARE 6.0 Christian:) I have found 1 bug:
Kind of the panel - brief. We press search, "feed to listbox", "ctrl+up" appears tab with results of search, and the kind of old panel becomes - full :(
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed I don't currently know how to remember the brief preference across tabs, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
SUKER

Post by *SUKER »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Indeed I don't currently know how to remember the brief preference across tabs, sorry.
It makes no nevermind :D