Problems with lst2str v1.19.1, can any1 help here?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Nigurrath

Problems with lst2str v1.19.1, can any1 help here?

Post by *Nigurrath »

Hi all,
and specially to the lst2str author.

I have a problem using it..it seems to not work at all with this example..

1. I would use touch.exe available here http://www.helge.mynetcologne.de to work on several selected files (it accepts only one at a time). Lst2str is the excellent choice in this case, but it doesn't work!

2. I created a button with the following commands:

Code: Select all

Command: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\lst2str.exe
Parameters: /X:"d:\wincmd\Tools\Touch.exe" /L:"%L" /S:"" /W:H /E /C:4096
Start Path: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\
Note that I placed a /S:"" to try a workaround but even without this the result is the same (not working)..indeed touch.exe accepts only the file path to be touched.

the problem is that it doesn't work when you select more than 1 file (if you select with * only one file -hte list contains only one entry- it works otherwise not).

Do you have any idea of why? What I'm missing? :shock:

Could it be possible to add to the program a /D debug option to see which are the commands that would be executed, without executing them? It is extremely interesting for creating buttons like this..
always latest 32b TC on a WIN10 64b
JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

Hmm, it seems you've mixed up a little, lst2str does not run the specified command N times, it only does it once; for example:
Selected files:
a.txt
b.txt
foo.txt
command:
/X:"d:\wincmd\Tools\Touch.exe" /L:"%L" /S:"" /W:H /E /C:4096

would result in:
d:\wincmd\Tools\Touch.exe a.txt b.txt foo.txt
Which is not what you want, or so it seems, any-ways to answer your question: you can use either lst2multi which would result in N commands executed or lst2run (but it's still alpha), IMO lst2muti is better for what you want.

P.S. About the /D option, yes, it's a good idea, I'll look into it.

Cheers.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

2Nigurrath : the tool for your purpose is lst2multi ( http://clubtotal.free.fr/tc_tools.html ) which runs the specified command N times.
#5767 Personal license
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

oh..ok, I switched the meaning of the two tools. I knew the other but I beleived it was for doing what you're telling the latter one is really doing.. :-P

ok, thanks!
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

Hi JackFoo,
could I also suggest to support the environment variables into the /X command. Now that TC560 supports natively the %COMMANDER_PATH% environment variable it would be helpful to also be able to use this variable into the /X command (at least).

The same consideration goes for lst2mlt, who is the author? Can any1 send this comment to him?