Compare Folders by content

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

uffe_K

Compare Folders by content

Post by *uffe_K »

I very much miss being able to compare folders by content. Ignore different timestamps of files, being able to specify only certain extensions or such.
TLis

Post by *TLis »

Have you tried the Synchronise Folders command? It would compare the contents of the folder, including subfolders (if you wish), comparing files by contents, ignoring timestamp differences, etc.

You just don't need actually to synchronise the files between the folders, but you will get a useful comparison result.
uffe_K

Post by *uffe_K »

Thanks, looks just like what I need.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the English forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
TEN

Re:

Post by *TEN »

TLis wrote: 2009-01-25, 08:01 UTC Have you tried the Synchronise Folders command? It would compare the contents of the folder, including subfolders (if you wish), comparing files by contents, ignoring timestamp differences, etc.

You just don't need actually to synchronise the files between the folders, but you will get a useful comparison result.
Recently having had to do this mostly manually for over a thousand files on a tablet (to undo havoc by its half-baked vendor-supplied File Manager) made me wonder:
There is still no such thing in Total Commander for Android, though the reasons from the early days of Android don't quite apply anymore?
Arguably at FullHD+ resolutions even on cellphones (better than when Total Commander started out on PCs) there'd be ample screen real estate these days for a dialog such as...
Image: http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/images/image/sync_pictures.png