Alt+F7 on the background

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TCFan404

Alt+F7 on the background

Post by *TCFan404 »

Please make this an option on the configuration section ot in the Alt+F7 window, I'd like to take my chances on this, it would save time to me, you could add a warining when using this option: "use it at your own risk". I promise I won't be coming here to complain about it, maybe just suggest a improvement. I really think if you set it to just read files and directories names, won't be a problem even when some files are being edited or written: I have used Lister to view files that were being downloaded even made searches on them and have zero proplems

And would be nice if TC could have more than one search at the same time or sequential searches.

Cheers.

PS: I think this forums should have a 'Wish List" to organize better the posts, another for "troubleshooting".
Last edited by TCFan404 on 2010-01-27, 03:08 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Re: F7 on the background

Post by *HolgerK »

TCFan404 wrote:Please make this an option on the configuration section ot in the F7 window
Polls:Non-modal search window
PS: I think this forums should have a 'Wish List" to organize better the posts,
HTTP 303
.. another for "troubleshooting".
HTTP 303

Regards
Holger
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

BTW, Search hotkey is Alt+F7, F7 is for Create Directory. Please don't confuse people. :)
TCFan404

Post by *TCFan404 »

OK, I corrected F7 for Alt+F7, I stand correct on the suggestions and troubleshooting sections locations (sorry for the confusion).

I understand the technical difficulties but this would be a cool feature, is BIG a time saver. When I launch another copy of TC and browse the same files/dirs I'm searching on, nothing happens, all safe.

Anyway, I have a proposal (don't know if it could work): if you set a search engine to only read the file-names/dirs/packed-files would it crash a plug-in/packer doing some extraction or compression? maybe try to synchronize with the OS so it can search along with 1 or more packers/plug-ins doing their jobs? so they would let the read-only search engine search?

I think would be great to have a technology that could have same kind of Hub for this kind of resouce conflict: every multi-file engine (packer/compressor/plug-in) would tell the Hub that it'd like to use 'Disk Resource' and specify the mode (read-only, write-only, etc.) so the Hub would synchronize them and even update every program using the Hub about what programs are currently using it, what program(s) has joined the Hub so they can report if they have a problem with it/them. You know... better coordination, more team work...

[T]ogether
[E]ach
[A]chieves
[M]ore