Replace drive-list-combobox with dropdown menu

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

But the VOLUME LABELS would be not only nice,
I would say even obligatory for a program of this kind.
I had them built in for some time in a beta, but unfortunately it crashed Windows when no CD was inserted and TC was requesting the label! Therefore I had to remove this function...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
(john)

Post by *(john) »

RE: volume labels

I'd like to add that often I have to open/close my burner 1 or more times to get the disc to 'settle in' and be readable.

Same (?) as what I've read regarding people having 'spin-up' problems.

..also some of the packet writers are pretty flaky/slow in this area, even if there isn't any drive/cd sync kinda problem like what I have.

IMHO removable media label detection with ability to toggle on/off for each drive would be handy but not top-10 material for me.
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

bah, the box in TC is much cooler, less standard windows ;)
license #76904
shammat

Post by *shammat »

ben hub wrote:but I don't think it is possible to display the volume labels in the dropdown menu :(
Well I can see the volume labels in the dropdown for my harddrives and the mapped network drives...

Thomas
Innuendo

Post by *Innuendo »

I like the Servant Salamander style, but forget the little icons & volume names. What I like about this style is being able to tell at a glance the free space on each drive.

And as good looking as Servant Salamander's drop-down menus look, Turbo Navigator's look far superior & much more functional as compared to Servant Salamander's.