Auto Switch Mode: Android GUI in Windows

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Phred

Auto Switch Mode: Android GUI in Windows

Post by *Phred »

I've tried to work through the arcane instructions for auto switch mode but the codes and unpredictabilities are beyond my current concentration span.

I present occasionally using a projector that doesn't have the resolution or width of a modern landscape screen.
Could someone help me with setting up TC using ASM so that it behaves like the Android version? There it changes the width of the list panel in a 60/40 manner according to whichever panel is active.

I'd like to be able to use TC so that all folders obey an ASM/View Mode combination, flipping between 60/40, 40/60 panel width as I move from side to side.

+?:*\*.* 60 sort of thing must go somewhere, but could someone guide me please?
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I don't think you can switch panel width using auto-switch function because it only works on dir change, not focus change.

You can do it, however, with TCFS2 (this command will set active panel width every 500ms, however TCFS2 will run forever so you'll have to kill it with task manager):

Code: Select all

TCFS2 /ef "loop(run_item(sp_set_active, 60) + delay(500))"
Phred

Re: Auto Switch Mode: Android GUI in Windows

Post by *Phred »

I should have expressed thanks, MVV.
I examined TCFS2 but frankly couldn't figure it out.
What explanations there are seem to be written for programmers or experts, not for users :cry:

A simple source of examples would be welcome - particularly how to install the program(s)/add-on. I can see no reference to those words anywhere. TC's reaction to the .7z or .zip downloads isn't the expected one for normal packaged addons (nothing).
TCFSx will remain a peculiarity for enthusiasts only, I fear.

I've long maintained that the SECOND word in any description of what a program or code does should be 'IS'.
As in 'TCFS2 is....' and then follows a description of its purpose or function. The 'Tool allows controlling TC window modes:' line ending with etc. doesn't quite fill the bill.

As for examples:
Example of command to turn TC button bar off:
tb0=tcm(2901), test(hasButtonBar), tb1

That really isn't a useful example. tb0? 2901? hasButtonBar? What do they all mean? Where do they go?

I fear TCFSx is treading water, going nowhere.
Thanks, but...
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.