[Feature Request] File Search Refinement...

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Innuendo

[Feature Request] File Search Refinement...

Post by *Innuendo »

I really like the way the file search in TotalCmd works except for one thing: I'd like to mark one of the saved searches on the Load/Save tab as the default "Search in:" area every time I bring up search.

99% of the time I wish to search all my local hard drives for something rather than just the current directory & this would be a big time-saver for me. :)
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

If you do not clear the history of search paths every time then you can open "Search In" drop-down list (combobox) and choose the line with all your drives.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Yep, I requested this, too, but I guess will have to stick with Tab, Down-Arrow for the time being.

HTH
Roman
Spaghettificus

Re: [Feature Request] File Search Refinement...

Post by *Spaghettificus »

Innuendo wrote:99% of the time I wish to search all my local hard drives for something rather than just the current directory & this would be a big time-saver for me. :)
For a keyboard user, this isn't an issue. alt+f7 brings up find, then alt+d and alt+L selects all drives to be searched!! Try it. If you're like me, you can do it even when you are asleep.

I do the same search on my PC. I like the search -after building the directory list file in the root of each drive, the search is very fast. I don't like the way it can only search one drive at a time with its single-threaded operation. I cannot deny that the current mode of operation is very fast and effiecient however!
Innuendo

Post by *Innuendo »

Spaghettificus,

That's exactly how I do things currently. In the spirit of laziness I was trying to cut out a few steps. ;)