Drives buttons refresh button

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

vcurious

Drives buttons refresh button

Post by *vcurious »

When I attach/deattach network drives, etc. I need to restart TC everytime to see actual drives buttons on the TC panel. Refresh button somewhere on the drives buttons panel is needed.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Drives buttons refresh button

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Usually it works to press F2 or Ctrl-R key to refresh (not only the active panel, but drive buttons too)
#5767 Personal license
vcurious

Post by *vcurious »

sqa_wizard wrote: 2018-08-07, 17:58 UTC Usually it works to press F2 or Ctrl-R key to refresh (not only the active panel, but drive buttons too)
No it doesn't, only restart helps.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

You are probably operating with network drives as a common user and running TC as administrator. It's been explained more than once…
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
vcurious

Post by *vcurious »

Usher wrote: 2018-08-07, 22:38 UTC You are probably operating with network drives as a common user and running TC as administrator. It's been explained more than once…
The thing is not about explaining, but to make it easy usable to fix.
HerbieH

Post by *HerbieH »

The thing is not about explaining, but to make it easy usable to fix.
Support!
HerbieH*
-Keep on makin' music!
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

vcurious wrote: 2018-08-08, 13:08 UTCThe thing is not about explaining, but to make it easy usable to fix.
It was just a guess. If you suppose that it's a good guess, just use the words from my explanation as keywords and search for older topics. You should find more explanations and some solutions or workarounds there.

I don't want to guess again – you haven't provided details needed to link any specific topic or quote any specific message.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
HerbieH

Post by *HerbieH »

Hello vcurious

F2 and Ctrl-R refreshes the drive buttons nicely for me. That goes for TC 9.20 x64 on Win 8.1 and 10 latest.
The reason could easily be apps or settings that messes with one or more TC hotkey combinations. Good hunt.

And Usher is right. It's will be kind of a guessing game for us, ..BUT somebody might still come up with an answer saying:
'I have had exactly the same problem - and it was due to that and that'. I have seen several examples of this on all fora.
So, for me, a posting without very detailed information is 100% ok. :) Just know: More info = bigger chances of a relevant answer.
HerbieH*
-Keep on makin' music!