Can I make Total Commander Run as Administrator with no "Allow" button clicking?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

harrykane140693

Can I make Total Commander Run as Administrator with no "Allow" button clicking?

Post by *harrykane140693 »

The title. I am using Win7, and I want TC to remember the last opened folder, passwords, etc. every time I open it, but that window, that wants you to confirm you're running TC as administrator is the most annoying thing ever. Is it possible to run THIS PROGRAM ONLY as administrator by default?

Post modified by Moderator:

Reason: there is a URL behind the dot :D
harrykane140693 wrote: 2018-08-13, 07:54 UTC The title[url https ##gitlab ucc.asn au # snippets # 44].[/url] I am using Win7, and I want TC to remember ...
I saw that just now and modified the origin text above to remove that link :mrgreen:

Me think HolgerK saw that too? I just modified the quote in his post to disarm the URL there too, else HolgerK would be the spammer :P

Please help us too and report such post (see the [!] button) if you find them on browsing the forum, thanks.

[MTAG] 
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Can I make Total Commander Run as Administrator with no "Allow" button clicking?

Post by *Gral »

This is a Windows thing.
Google for "bypass uac for one program" or "ignore uac for specific programs".
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Can I make Total Commander Run as Administrator with no "Allow" button clicking?

Post by *petermad »

License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

harrykane140693 wrote: 2018-08-13, 07:54 UTC The title>>>.<<<
Ho Chi Minh Lottery :? :?:
harrykane140693 wrote: 2018-08-13, 07:54 UTCI am using Win7, and I want TC to remember the last opened folder, passwords, etc. every time I open it, but that window, that wants you to confirm you're running TC as administrator is the most annoying thing ever. Is it possible to run THIS PROGRAM ONLY as administrator by default?
Isn't it the wrong solution(*) for another problem: wincmd.ini, wcx_ftp.ini are located at a (for non elevated users) write protected place (e.g. ProgramFiles)?
- See "Help->About Total Commander" to locate the ini files.
- Change the access rights for the files wincmd.ini, wcx_ftp.ini to allow write access for non elevated users.

(*) Running TC as administrator means that every program or document editor started from TC will also have admin rights.

Regards
Holger
Make our planet great again