Could you please protect my older key by this modern key request code mechanism?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jay

Could you please protect my older key by this modern key request code mechanism?

Post by *Jay »

Hello,

I recently bought a new license key as a gift (number in the 330k range) and discovered there is now a download process with a key request code mechanism.

I was wondering if older licenses (mine is in the 70k range) can benefit from this mechanism -- Can I ask for a key request code based on my license number, name etc.. in the same way that I could ask for a new key if I lost it? I would probably have the benefit of having more information now than later...

Thanks.
Sorry for the old thread revival, that's the best one I could find :)
[edit] Thanks to whoever moved this post to its own topic, I should have done so in the first place![/edit]

Post split by moderator from older thread due to different topic.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Could you please protect my older key by this modern key request code mechanism?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You could, but it's not really more protected this way: With the key request code, you can re-download your key when you lose it. But you can also just request a new key by e-mail, so it's just a bit more convenient.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com