Remembering last closed directories after closing TC & without saving their tabs?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

salam2009

Remembering last closed directories after closing TC & without saving their tabs?

Post by *salam2009 »

Hi guys,
I was wondering if it is possible to auto-save the last closed directories after closing TC & without having to save their tabs?
I'm asking this because there are some specific folders that I go to on-demand but don't need their tabs to be opened all the time.
Thanks a lot for any help!
Cheers!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Remembering last closed directories after closing TC & without saving their tabs?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC auto-saves the directory history, so you can return to previous directories with Alt+Cursor down. Or use the directory hotlist (Ctrl+D). You can reache these also with the asterisk and triangle buttons to the right of the current directory.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
salam2009

Re: Remembering last closed directories after closing TC & without saving their tabs?

Post by *salam2009 »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2018-11-19, 15:09 UTC TC auto-saves the directory history, so you can return to previous directories with Alt+Cursor down. Or use the directory hotlist (Ctrl+D). You can reache these also with the asterisk and triangle buttons to the right of the current directory.
Thanks, but I was looking for another approach where I can open my hard drives with their last opened directories every time I start TC. Would that be possible?
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

salam2009 wrote: 2018-11-19, 22:31 UTC I was looking for another approach where I can open my hard drives with their last opened directories every time I start TC. Would that be possible?
By default TC saves directory history on exit, go to Configuration> Operation page and be sure the options under Save on exit group are selected.
salam2009

Post by *salam2009 »

ts4242 wrote: 2018-11-20, 01:52 UTC
salam2009 wrote: 2018-11-19, 22:31 UTC I was looking for another approach where I can open my hard drives with their last opened directories every time I start TC. Would that be possible?
By default TC saves directory history on exit, go to Configuration> Operation page and be sure the options under Save on exit group are selected.
Nope, didn't work! When I open a new tab & enter some folder then close that tab & restart TC, the drive of that folder resets to the root & I'd need to reopen that folder(s). TC only restores the opened tabs, but doesn't keep the latest path of the last closed tabs which I frequently go to but don't need them to be saved as tabs :|
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

salam2009 wrote: 2018-11-20, 02:36 UTCTC only restores the opened tabs, but doesn't keep the latest path of the last closed tabs which I frequently go to but don't need them to be saved as tabs :|
How TC can remember tabs if they aren't open?
As said before press <Alt+Down arrow> to show a menu of last visited directories.
salam2009

Post by *salam2009 »

ts4242 wrote: 2018-11-20, 03:39 UTC
salam2009 wrote: 2018-11-20, 02:36 UTCTC only restores the opened tabs, but doesn't keep the latest path of the last closed tabs which I frequently go to but don't need them to be saved as tabs :|
How TC can remember tabs if they aren't open?
As said before press <Alt+Down arrow> to show a menu of last visited directories.
Well, Firefox can but we're talking about a different software here.
If TC doesn't support remembering the last folder opened in a closed tab then I'll stick with the directory history feature.
Thanks for your inputs!