How to remove the right column/panel (right explorer) ?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to remove the right column/panel (right explorer) ?

Post by *tuska »

clifford_cooley wrote: 2019-03-10, 22:33 UTC I ran into issues with TC remembering my settings.
I always use take ownership (registry change gives "Take Ownership" from right click context menu) of TC folder.
For me it is a permissions issue preventing saving settings to ini file.
For security reasons, "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" are read-only for users without elevated admin privileges.
You could install TC not in these folders, but e.g. under C:\Tools. Then these problems should no longer exist.

EDIT:
Here is a much more detailed description of this topic --> (...writing to wincmd.ini …) - thanks to ghisler(Author):
viewtopic.php?p=352599#p352599

Note:
TC can also be used portable. In this case, simply add the following entry in the file wincmd.ini
in section [Configuration]: UseIniInProgramDir=7 (for more infos: Press F1 -> Help)
Last edited by tuska on 2019-03-12, 09:44 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
clifford_cooley

Post by *clifford_cooley »

Thanks for the tip.
tuska wrote: 2019-03-11, 09:50 UTCTC can also be used portable.
I do this while working on other's machines. And when done simple delete the folder. No need in going to "Add and Remove Programs". On my own personal machine I prefer to install. I don't need the customization of my own machine while managing someone else's machine. But I am dang near handicapped* using Explorer.

*Ten minutes using Explorer, I'm cussing and pulling my hair out. It's nice for browsing, but not worth sh__ for managing.
License #116347
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2makinero
Buttons (2) with these commands could be of interest for you:

Code: Select all

cm_VerticalPanels,cm_100Percent
cm_VerticalPanels,cm_50Percent
As an alternative to the buttons, you could create two em_commands and then redefine shortcuts (e.g. ALT+Y, ALT+X).

See also:
viewtopic.php?p=350383#p350383