Plugin ini file weirdness if using from two user accounts

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zutroi67

Re: Plugin ini file weirdness

Post by *zutroi67 »

Yep, I tried that.
Now the plugin only writes the last used string to the ini file. It no longer keeps more than 1 prior string. Whatever I manually type into the stringbox for the plugin to use is saved in the ini history. This would be great if the plugin actually re-loaded that string from the ini file, but it doesn't. For instance, if I manually use 'mkvmerge.exe -o "%O.mkv" "%N" "%O.srt"', my ini file will be written out as:
[oldstrings]
0=mkvmerge.exe -o "%O.mkv" "%N" "%O.srt"
[options]
oemcharset=0
But the next time I run the plugin, the stringbox will contain this annoying default: 'xcopy "%P%N" c:\someotherdir\%D' and the ini file will now contain:
[oldstrings]
0=xcopy "%P%N" c:\someotherdir\%D
[options]
oemcharset=0

It ALWAYS defaults to the xcopy string, and doesn't concatenate any new historical strings. Lol, I don't know where to look now. All of your excellent advice is greatly appreciated guys.
zutroi67

Re: Plugin ini file weirdness

Post by *zutroi67 »

OK, I've just checked all of my other TC plugins. It seems like everything is busted. All of my old plugins are just not executing at all.
I'm going to prune the core settings file and delete/uninstall all of the plugins and then slowly work on reinstalling them 1 by 1. This install of TC is literally over 10 years old. I've reinstalled and re-used these settings for many, many years. Jumping across to Win 10 has broken everything. Thanks for your help guys. I think we're all chasing something that might not be fixable. I hope starting again leads me to success. Thanks again.