<delete> in My Network Places

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

poiuytr

<delete> in My Network Places

Post by *poiuytr »

In My Network Places there are a list of recently used network folders.
In TCMD after pressing <delete> over one of this folders explorer's "confirm file delete" dialog opens. So when i confirm it and delete that folder (explorer's method i guess) it is still visible in TCMD file list. I have to reread source to view changes. That is a bad behaviour.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, Poiuytr,

you might want to check the wincmd.ini file. Maybe you will find "Noreread=\" in the section "[Configuration]".
This would prevent TC from automatically refreshing your Network Neighbourhood which sometimes may be really slow depending on your network structure.
If you find "Noreread=\" then TC is not behaving badly, but exactly as it should.
If you want TC to automatically detect and show changes in your Network Neighbourhood then delete "\" from the "Noreread=" statement.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Karl
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

hello, karlchen.

It's not working with "Noreread=\" line and it's not working without it for recent used folders (deleted folder still appears in the file list), but anyway thanx for the idea.
I think the problem is in explorer's deletion method.