change attributes, with a counter

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

novw

change attributes, with a counter

Post by *novw »

Hi all,

I have been fighting with google photos over my old (before 1990) scanned photos. Google refuses to sort my photos in the order they were taken / scanned.

I have however found a trick. If I change the attributes of the folder to (say) 1993, the _folder_ will end up between 1992 and 1994. That works.

Now I wanted to take that a step further. Change the attributes of the _files_ to put my order in the timestamps of the pictures. So lets say I have 3 pictures: 1, 2 and 3. All have the same datestamp. I give 1 a timestamp of 00:10:00, I give 2 a timestamp of 00:09:00 and 3 is now timestamped 00:08:00. Now:! Google sorts the pictures 3,2,1!

TC has a great renaming tool. It can use [C] as a counter. So renaming FILENAMES is perfectly working. Why not add the two...

Finally the question:

Can I use [C] as a counter in the change attributes (menu-)item? It would be PERFECT! For old pics it does not matter if it was taken at 09:00:01, or 09:00:02. It would however make sorting a bucketload easier if I could change timestamp to reflect the order I want them sorted in. (even if the [C] counter would even go to 59 it would save 60 manual edits!)
Niels
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: change timestamp attributes, with a counter > ReDate Addon 1.1.7

Post by *Stefan2 »

>>"Can I use [C] as a counter for change attributes"
No, you can't.

You can try

ReDate Addon 1.1.7 for Total Commander
The ReDate Addon is something like the counter [C] in TC's Multi-Rename
Tool, however, it is for file dates (and times). Using ReDate you can
change the dates of multiple files incrementally.

http://totalcmd.net/plugring/redate_addon2.html

HTH? :D

novw

Re: change attributes, with a counter

Post by *novw »

Yes, yes yes! That is IT! I can now finally end one of my most frustrating things on google: MY pictures, MY order!

Thank you!!!
Niels