[solved] Few things I'ld like to have in my TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ouechTonton

[solved] Few things I'ld like to have in my TC

Post by *ouechTonton »

Hello, I'm discovering TC, and it would be perfect with few customization.
Not sure it is good to post everything in the same post, I apologize if it is not correct.
I've tried "Ultra TC Editors" but it does not go deep enough. And I'm not sufficiently confident to create a plugin.

Do you know if it is possible to have those following behaviors, please:
- When I double click on a file, there is the annoying popup asking for open the file in background or not. I'ld like the same straightforwardly behavior as for Edit Mode. No popup.
- On a remote folder, when I right click on a file, is it possible to have the Explorer contextual menu?
- Is it possible to have a bigger screen for the embedded terminal? With results displayed inside the terminal.
- If on my left folder panel I've got a remote machine A and in the right one a remote machine B, I cannot drag and drop files to launch the copy. There is an error. I have to copy locally the files before the final destination.

Thanks by advance.
Last edited by ouechTonton on 2019-11-01, 15:10 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Few things I'ld like to have in my TC

Post by *Dalai »

ouechTonton wrote: 2019-10-28, 09:01 UTC- When I double click on a file, there is the annoying popup asking for open the file in background or not.
Could you provide a screenshot please? I've never seen such a thing on any system.
- On a remote folder, when I right click on a file, is it possible to have the Explorer contextual menu?
What kind of remote systems are you refering to? On network drives (which are remote folders, too) the context menu works just as with local folders. But how would it work when Explorer doesn't know anything about TC's FTP or SFTP or other file-system plugin locations?
- Is it possible to have a bigger screen for the embedded terminal? With results displayed inside the terminal.
There is no terminal integrated in TC. I'm guessing that you're either refering to the command line (which is just that, a place to type internal TC or external commands, nothing more), or you're using some plugin or package like the TCUP (TC Ultima Prime) stuff. If the latter is true, ask the plugin's author.
- If on my left folder panel I've got a remote machine A and in the right one a remote machine B, I cannot drag and drop files to launch the copy. There is an error. I have to copy locally the files before the final destination.
Which error are you getting? What kind of remote machines? IIRC transfering files from a file-system plugin to another (or to the same plugin) is not supported.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ouechTonton

Post by *ouechTonton »

Thank you Dalai for your support.
Dalai wrote: 2019-10-28, 13:32 UTC
ouechTonton wrote: 2019-10-28, 09:01 UTC- When I double click on a file, there is the annoying popup asking for open the file in background or not.
Could you provide a screenshot please? I've never seen such a thing on any system.
I double clicked on oper_data_20191029.log in the right panel:
Image: https://i.ibb.co/y4JwR1n/double-Click-Popup.jpg
And when I clicked on "F2 background", the popup stay displayed. And more and more I open files, more and more they're flooding me!
Image: https://i.ibb.co/N7ZmKkK/double-Click-Popup-Next.jpg
Update: I have installed TCUP after you mentioned it. I like it, I will keep it. And now, a double click launch a "cd" command on the file!, which obviously fails.

ouechTonton wrote: 2019-10-28, 09:01 UTC- On a remote folder, when I right click on a file, is it possible to have the Explorer contextual menu?
What kind of remote systems are you refering to? On network drives (which are remote folders, too) the context menu works just as with local folders. But how would it work when Explorer doesn't know anything about TC's FTP or SFTP or other file-system plugin locations?
I'm using Windows 10 to access Linux machines and virtual machines, via SFTP (I've installed SFTP plugin for TC).
In TC, in a folder panel, if it is my local drive, I've got the Explorer contextual menu. Very nice. If it is a remote folder (so a Linux folder accessed via SFTP), I've got the standard TC contextual menu:
Image: https://i.ibb.co/QMkJgc4/TCcontextual-Menu.jpg
I was wondering if it would be possible for TC to display by default the Windows Explorer contextual menu and so when you click inside it, it temporarily downloads the remote file and give the hands to the Windows command you picked up.

ouechTonton wrote: 2019-10-28, 09:01 UTC- Is it possible to have a bigger screen for the embedded terminal? With results displayed inside the terminal.
There is no terminal integrated in TC. I'm guessing that you're either refering to the command line (which is just that, a place to type internal TC or external commands, nothing more), or you're using some plugin or package like the TCUP (TC Ultima Prime) stuff. If the latter is true, ask the plugin's author.
Ah you are right, it is just a TC command line. It would have been nice to integrate something like PuTTY...

ouechTonton wrote: 2019-10-28, 09:01 UTC- If on my left folder panel I've got a remote machine A and in the right one a remote machine B, I cannot drag and drop files to launch the copy. There is an error. I have to copy locally the files before the final destination.
Which error are you getting? What kind of remote machines? IIRC transfering files from a file-system plugin to another (or to the same plugin) is not supported.
Everything's OK since I have installed TCUP. (I can drag and drop straightforwardly files from a SFTP Linux machine to another SFTP Linux machine.)
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

ouechTonton wrote: 2019-10-29, 15:29 UTCI double clicked on oper_data_20191029.log in the right panel:
That's why it's important to provide as many details as possible. You're talking about double-clicking on a file on an remote SFTP connection. I can't remember to which settings this dialog is connected but I remember to have seen it before, but currently I don't see it in my tests (neither with double-click or Enter on a file nor with F4).
If it is a remote folder (so a Linux folder accessed via SFTP), I've got the standard TC contextual menu:
Image: https://i.ibb.co/QMkJgc4/TCcontextual-Menu.jpg
Yes, that's normal. These are the items available for such remote locations, be it SFTP or any other file-system plugin, items/functions provided internally by TC.
I was wondering if it would be possible for TC to display by default the Windows Explorer contextual menu and so when you click inside it, it temporarily downloads the remote file and give the hands to the Windows command you picked up.
Downloading a file to be able to show the context menu? Uh, sounds like nothing I want to have... and I'm pretty sure Ghisler has the same opinion because it would be as slow as it possibly could be. And, if you need to have the full context menu, you can just download the file yourself to a local location and work with that.

However, there is WinSFP and SSHFS-Win, which makes Linux/SSH locations available as a normal Windows drive. But it's buggy as per my tests I did some time ago.
Ah you are right, it is just a TC command line. It would have been nice to integrate something like PuTTY...
There are file-system plugins with such functionality, but in my tests they are quite clunky and don't make much sense, so I continued using regular CMD and PuTTY.
(I can drag and drop straightforwardly files from a SFTP Linux machine to another SFTP Linux machine.)
You're right. Transferring files between two file-system plugins (or the same plugin with different connections) works. Maybe it was an older TC version where it didn't work, I don't remember.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I double clicked on oper_data_20191029.log in the right panel:
To get rid of this you can set this parameter in the [Configuration] section of your wincmd.ini file:
EditWaitTime=-1
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

In TC 9.5b2 - there now is an option when you copy from one FTP-site to another to do it automatically via local PC
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ouechTonton

Post by *ouechTonton »

SSHFS-win!!! Oh yeah, you rock! SSHFS-win!!!
Everything's OK for me.

Thank you so much.