[solved]tc can't read the Pdf thumbnail of explorer

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dindog

[solved]tc can't read the Pdf thumbnail of explorer

Post by *dindog »

I have checked show thumbnail of explorer by OLE2, do I suppose to see all the thumbnail of explorer or are there any limitations?

I've tried make thumbnail by plugin, but it is horribly slow. I don't have much experience of thumbnails view mode. recently my boss assign me a task to pick out portrait PDF from thousands of PDF, thenrotate them to landscape. I had written a batch command by pdfinfo and pdftk did it, but naked eyes double check is need.... for the first time in my life, I need thumbnails view mode and yet can't make it works :roll:

*edited*
not sure what why, I delete all the configuration section started by "thumbnail" entries, and paste the old setting by TC's option dialog, the issue gone. TC read the thumbnail like Explorer... anyway, happy day.
Last edited by dindog on 2019-11-24, 09:24 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: tc can't read the Pdf thumbnail of explorer

Post by *Horst.Epp »

dindog wrote: 2019-11-23, 17:52 UTC I have checked show thumbnail of explorer by OLE2, do I suppose to see all the thumbnail of explorer or are there any limitations?

I've tried make thumbnail by plugin, but it is horribly slow. I don't have much experience of thumbnails view mode. recently my boss assign me a task to pick out portrait PDF from thousands of PDF, thenrotate them to landscape. I had written a batch command by pdfinfo and pdftk did it, but naked eyes double check is need.... for the first time in my life, I need thumbnails view mode and yet can't make it works :roll:
Everything can preview PDFs very fast.
Search for *.pdf and use View / Preview option or assign a hotkey for it (I use Alt-P)
Thats much better than Thumbnails and you can use the right click on a file to start any action.
I have installed SumatraPDF which generated the Thumbnails and also delivers the Explorer preview.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
dindog

Re: tc can't read the Pdf thumbnail of explorer

Post by *dindog »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2019-11-23, 18:25 UTC
dindog wrote: 2019-11-23, 17:52 UTC I have checked show thumbnail of explorer by OLE2, do I suppose to see all the thumbnail of explorer or are there any limitations?

Everything can preview PDFs very fast.
Search for *.pdf and use View / Preview option or assign a hotkey for it (I use Alt-P)
Thats much better than Thumbnails and you can use the right click on a file to start any action.
I have installed SumatraPDF which generated the Thumbnails and also delivers the Explorer preview.
I try a fresh ini and the preview show properly. Maybe it's about my some configuration.

You tips is helpful too, thanks.