TC Floppy + Install Bug

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

jb wrote:
Dominik wrote:usually i dont need RegMon because apps store their registry settings to familiar keys,like ACDSystems if you install ACDsee or so...
But this way you cannot be sure that you will catch all keys related to an application, can you?
Yeah,but as i say,i've got like 40 apps in \Programs,half of them need to have registry entries,others use INI file or create the registry key after first run.All these 20 ones,which need to import REG file worked fine after reinstalling OS.I didn use RegMon,I just went to HKLM and HKCU and exported the keys matching to each app.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Dominik wrote: i dont see a point what are you trying to tell us ;) changing this in INF file is pointless if it's possible to change the dir during installation
for system admins who want to install Total Commander on multiple machines. They use Total Commanders auto install feature (Install.inf [auto] auto=1)
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

Lefteous wrote:
Dominik wrote: i dont see a point what are you trying to tell us ;) changing this in INF file is pointless if it's possible to change the dir during installation
for system admins who want to install Total Commander on multiple machines. They use Total Commanders auto install feature (Install.inf [auto] auto=1)
oh,sure thing...! sorry