Suggestions for Branch View

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gregory

Suggestions for Branch View

Post by *Gregory »

There are several suggestions concerning Branch View:

1. New sorting order: Sort by directories first - files are sorted by names of subdirs in which they are contained and then as usual (by name, date etc.)

2. A possibility to add one more line to status bar. Then one line will show relative path and the other number of files selected and size.

3. I wish I can choose subdir or several subdirs in selection dialog when in branch view (the same way it can be done in search conditions)
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

No 1 is an excellent idea but I can see some problems in displaying the new sorting type (not the outcome but the type of shorting itself) since the regular tabs for sorting (eg ext, date, size etc.) have been stable for many versions of TC and some features are closely related to them.

No 2 will be a clever touch and IMHO easy to implement.

No 3 – Call me stupid if you like but I didn’t really get that! What element of TC are you trying to describe with the term “selection dialog?”
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Gregory

Post by *Gregory »

1. This can be implemented via internal command (like cm_SwithDirSort),
so there's no need to change tabs for sorting.

3. That's 'Expand selection' dialog that appears when you press '+' key :)
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Gregory wrote:1. This can be implemented via internal command (like cm_SwithDirSort),
so there's no need to change tabs for sorting.
Yes but how will the user be visually informed of the current sorting method in use if it’s the suggested one and not one of the visible sorting tabs?
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Gregory

Post by *Gregory »

Well... He can look at the menu entry to see if there's a check near it
or that would be easy to find out with No 2 implemented.