Feature request and Start Menu question from a forum newbie

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Pradera

Feature request and Start Menu question from a forum newbie

Post by *Pradera »

Hi

First, I wanted to ask if there is any quick way to import stuff from Windows Start Menu (I mean Programs section) to TC Start Menu. A tool to use? And if there's not, well then, treat this as a plugin request ;)

Secondly, a thought/request: it would be great if quickview was opened in a split-panel, with adjustable height. That would give us a benefit of quasi-three-paneled view without loosing valuable desktop space... Here's what I have in mind: http://siusiak.nie.com.pl/~pradera/tcmd.jpg

I hope it's not already a feature that I've missed ;)
Spaghettificus

Post by *Spaghettificus »

The split panel idea: What a wonderful idea!

What happens when the user clicks on the right panel?
Pradera

Post by *Pradera »

Spaghettificus wrote:The split panel idea: What a wonderful idea!

What happens when the user clicks on the right panel?
Well, I see two solutions: either file from the right panel is quickviewed below, or the viewer stays on former file. In the former case, you could open second quickview in the left panel, sort of cross-browsing (files from the left seen in the right and vice versa), but maybe I'm getting carried away...

I suppose coding a horizontally-resizable split panel would take some time (would it? I know nothing about coding such things), but it would be very useful many times - first example that comes to mind is comparing directories by actual contents of files or images...