[SOLVE] open folder in the directory history list in new tab

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fdsazcw123

[SOLVE] open folder in the directory history list in new tab

Post by *fdsazcw123 »

hi, need some help here, much appreciated.

hi, currently, if i press alt + arrowdown, then choose one directory to open, it will be opened in the current tab.

so, is it possible to open in a new tab, instead of overwriting the current tab.

thanks and stay safe!
Last edited by fdsazcw123 on 2020-07-23, 05:33 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: open folder in the directory history list in new tab

Post by *Dalai »

No, but it's simple: Just open another tab (or more specific duplicate the current tab) by pressing Ctrl+T and then select an entry from the history.

Out of curiosity, I just tested my assumption how it could work: Holding Shift when confirming the history item (by Enter or mouse click) opens that folder in a new tab. i.e. Alt+Tab to open history and Shift+Enter to open an item in a new tab. Not sure what TC versions was the first to support this feature.

Regards
Dalai
Last edited by Dalai on 2020-07-22, 14:14 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

fdsazcw123 wrote: 2020-07-22, 14:02 UTC
if i press alt + arrowdown, then choose one directory to open, it will be opened in the current tab.

so, is it possible to open in a new tab, instead of overwriting the current tab.

Usually this is possible in TC by holding down the Shift-key (while mouse clicking or enter pressing on the entry in the history)
This Shift-key modifier works often in TC.

fdsazcw123

Post by *fdsazcw123 »

Dalai wrote: 2020-07-22, 14:10 UTC No, but it's simple: Just open another tab (or more specific duplicate the current tab) by pressing Ctrl+T and then select an entry from the history.

Out of curiosity, I just tested my assumption how it could work: Holding Shift when confirming the history item (by Enter or mouse click) opens that folder in a new tab. i.e. Alt+Tab to open history and Shift+Enter to open an item in a new tab. Not sure what TC versions was the first to support this feature.

Regards
Dalai
thanks
fdsazcw123

Post by *fdsazcw123 »

Stefan2 wrote: 2020-07-22, 14:14 UTC
fdsazcw123 wrote: 2020-07-22, 14:02 UTC
if i press alt + arrowdown, then choose one directory to open, it will be opened in the current tab.

Usually this is possible in TC by holding down the Shift-key (while mouse clicking or enter pressing on the entry in the history)
This Shift-key modifier works often in TC.

thanks