close tc after the last tab been closed

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fdsazcw123

close tc after the last tab been closed

Post by *fdsazcw123 »

hi, need some help here, much appreciated.

as we know that in chrome, if we close the last tab, the chrome will be closed too.
so, is this also possible in tc?

thanks and stay safe!
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: close tc after the last tab been closed

Post by *Stefan2 »

We don't understand, who wants to close TC anyway :?: :roll: :shock: :?

Me think I have to set you on my ignore list :mrgreen:

Just kidding
No, I don't know such setting, I would have to inspect the help or the history.txt or search the forum to find an answer... stay tuned...

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

This "feature" is one of the reasons why I hate Chrome, they have introduced this stupud feature that was then copied to many other browsers. Hopefully my browser has an option to disable it. :D
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

TC has two fixed panes, each one being able to have optional additional tabs. The original content/directory of the pane serves as the first tab when the second tab is being opened. When tabs are being closed, the last existing tab becomes the normal tab-less pane again (the pane goes from two tabs to a tab-less pane). In other words, it is not even possible to close the last tab in TC.

It feels to me like you rather want TC to have always-on tabs instead of the current behavior where a pane with a single tab automatically reverts back to a tab-less pane.

But even TC showing at least one tab in a pane wouldn't really solve it, since TC has two fixed panes (which you cannot close independently), there will always be atleast two tabs in TC - at least one in the left pane and at least one in the right pane. So again, even if always-on tabs were a thing in TC, it would still not be possible to close the last tab (as this would also require TC to be able to close one of the two panes, leaving you with a single pane; but TC's UI doesn't work that way...).

As you might already notice, the feature you are asking for is kinda confusing on the surface, considering TC's fixed two pane layout. I don't really understand the workflow you are aiming at with TC, which leaves me unable to deduce what you are really asking about...
patpat22

Post by *patpat22 »

MVV wrote: 2020-07-24, 14:01 UTC This "feature" is one of the reasons why I hate Chrome, they have introduced this stupud feature that was then copied to many other browsers. Hopefully my browser has an option to disable it. :D
how to set up parental controls on windows 10<<<<SPAM
Same here. This is so annoying when you are closing Chrome accidentally. I don't know why it's still a thing.

- - - Edit by moderator:

User came back to modify his post for to add spam links > URLs removed >> User banned

Please help us and report such posts (see the [!] button) if you find them on browsing the forum, thanks.

[MTAG]