Synchronize dirs when content is very different

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Roni72

Synchronize dirs when content is very different

Post by *Roni72 »

Dear Christian,
the synch function is one of TC's features that I highly appreciate, and I use it very often. Moreover I don't use any of RAID structures, only JBOD in my NAS (I manage near 3TB of important datas), because I think time-to-time manual synchronizing is the best method to maintains my archives.
But it's a frustrating situation when I see hundreds of green and blue arrows side by side, and I know this phenomenon is only a result of some sorting work, with minimal difference between the compared directories.
Of course, always the newer structure is that I think relevant, but only for a safety reasons I would like to save the different files to a new folder.
So I missing something like the "Feed to listbox" button in the "Find Files" box, and I suggest You to make enable this function in the future development.
Thank You for all.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Synchronize dirs when content is very different

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Roni72 wrote: 2020-07-26, 06:21 UTC Of course, always the newer structure is that I think relevant, but only for a safety reasons I would like to save the different files to a new folder.
That feature already exists.

Note when clicking the "Synchronize..." button, TC opens a dialog giving you the chance to specify a directory as target for the files to be copied...
Roni72

Re: Synchronize dirs when content is very different

Post by *Roni72 »

You have right :-)

Big THX