ReloadSelThumbs takes effect only after 2nd time

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Stelios

ReloadSelThumbs takes effect only after 2nd time

Post by *Stelios »

I know the thumbnail reload issue has been treated various times since 2009, but I haven't seen this particular behaviour mentioned in any entry. In my case I use TC(x64) in thumbnail view while working on .jpg photos with Irfan View as external viewer/editor, set to keep original EXIF data at save. I also save under the original file name, but I do change the size of the image.I have tried to purge cache via Disk Clean-up to no avail (Win10x64). Then I observed that if I use the ReloadSelThumbs command twice, the thumbnail updates succesfully. I don't know why running the command a second time should make a difference, neither if this solution works with other external editors or other OS, but I thought it might be useful to post this here in case it helps.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v.2004 / Total Commander x64 v.9.51
Stelios

Re: ReloadSelThumbs takes effect only after 2nd time

Post by *Stelios »

After further testing... My TCx64 is installed on my C: drive, which is an SSD, while all my files are stored on my D: drive, which is a HDD. To see if the above issue happens also when I work on photos stored in drive C, I copied there some of the photos I am working on and tried the exact same edits as on the ones in drive D. To my surprise, the thumbs in drive C updated instantly after "save", while the ones in drive D still need the reload command [twice] to update. Not sure if this is meant to be so or if it is a bug.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe d: is recognized as a removable drive? Does it show up in the list of ejectable drives in the system tray (near the clock in the Windows task bar)?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Stelios

Post by *Stelios »

Thank you Ghisler, but no it doesn't appear as an external drive in the system tray. In Device Manager it is listed under Disk drives / location Bus #3 (as #2 is my SSD).