Can I have a default setting of quick view?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ramsy

Can I have a default setting of quick view?

Post by *Ramsy »

- In left board is some folders, many photos in them, and select anyone, ctrl+q.
- In right board, the quick view will display a grid view of thumbs. But always sort by name, and same size of per thumb.
- My question:
- Can I sort by name with descending order, or can totalcmd remember my last setting.
- I hope thumbs can be bigger. I can use ctrl+scroll change size, but quick view do not remember my setting.
- Is it anyway to add a method, like select a thumb in quick view panel, them press space, show the whole image(like quick view of image).

Hope to get your help, and thanks.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Can I have a default setting of quick view?

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Quick view doesn't display thumbs, it uses the configured Lister plugins
to display the content of the selected file in one panel in the other panel.
So your last wish is already there with no need for pressing space or anything else.
You can configure the size of thumbnails under the Configuration Thumbnails.
Clicking on the header of the Thumbnails display you can change the sort order.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Ramsy

Post by *Ramsy »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2020-10-03, 08:34 UTC Quick view doesn't display thumbs, it uses the configured Lister plugins
to display the content of the selected file in one panel in the other panel.
So your last wish is already there with no need for pressing space or anything else.
You can configure the size of thumbnails under the Configuration Thumbnails.
Clicking on the header of the Thumbnails display you can change the sort order.
OK, my fault. Let me clear it.
I was select a folder in left panel(list view), and quick look.
In right panel, there shows the images in the folder that I selected, and show as thumbs.
What I want set default sort and size is right panel (quick view window).

I took a screenshot, and I notice the sort header in preview panel (right) is Chinese. Is that a 3rd party plugin? or build in function?
https://i.imgur.com/TrUFgrb.png
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Ramsy wrote: 2020-10-03, 11:03 UTC I took a screenshot, and I notice the sort header in preview panel (right) is Chinese. Is that a 3rd party plugin? or build in function?
That must be a lister plug-in, but i don't know the plug-in you are using. Look into TC's configuration dialog, section "Operation" , sub-section "Plugins". Click on the button "Configure" for lister plug-ins to see all the lister plug-ins installed.

Without a plug-in, TC's built-in "Quick view" for directories would just show some text info about how many files are in the folder, the total space occupied by the files in the folder, etc. Something like this: https://imgur.com/a/exSF1jt (ignore the color scheme)
Ramsy

Post by *Ramsy »

elgonzo wrote: 2020-10-03, 11:25 UTC
Ramsy wrote: 2020-10-03, 11:03 UTC I took a screenshot, and I notice the sort header in preview panel (right) is Chinese. Is that a 3rd party plugin? or build in function?
That must be a lister plug-in, but i don't know the plug-in you are using. Look into TC's configuration dialog, section "Operation" , sub-section "Plugins". Click on the button "Configure" for lister plug-ins to see all the lister plug-ins installed.
I'm checking it, most of them have configuration files.
https://imgur.com/a/RGaq3Ym
And thanks for now I can sure that's a plugin. One step forward.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

F3 displays the name of the used plugin in the title bar of Lister, e.g. Lister (imagine)
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

HtmlView looks like a prime candidate (despite its name, it seems to be capable of displaying directory content as per its config file).
However, as tuska pointed out, it is much easier to figure out by just hitting F3 on a directory and then look at the title bar of the lister window...
Ramsy

Post by *Ramsy »

tuska wrote: 2020-10-03, 13:05 UTC F3 displays the name of the used plugin in the title bar of Lister, e.g. Lister (imagine)
I've tried F3, and open a isolated windows of this plugin, its HTMLview.
F3 on my totalcmd should be "quick open with build in program". But this window has menu and more buttons.
Ramsy

Post by *Ramsy »

elgonzo wrote: 2020-10-03, 13:50 UTC HtmlView looks like a prime candidate (despite its name, it seems to be capable of displaying directory content as per its config file).
However, as tuska pointed out, it is much easier to figure out by just hitting F3 on a directory and then look at the title bar of the lister window...
Yes, you are right. It is HTMLview. And readme shows folder view maybe base on IE. But look no related setting in the "ini" file.
And I've tried right click to set "large thumb" or "order", but next time, every thing back to default.
So, maybe I can seek new version of this plugin.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Ramsy wrote: 2020-10-03, 15:19 UTC But look no related setting in the "ini" file.
If you look into the default HTMLView.ini file the plug-in ships with, you'll find this at the very top:

Code: Select all

;
; Enables displaying directories in Quick View mode
ShowDirs=1