How to popup a long File name in Tree View in full length?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hansangb

How to popup a long File name in Tree View in full length?

Post by *hansangb »

Hello,
I use (what I think) is a typical layout. As you can see from the attached pic, I have the Dir/Tre listing on the left, followed by two directories to the right.

But when you have a long file name, you can't see the end of the file name w/o increasing the NAME field. Even on a a wide monitor, it's hard to see if the name is too long. Now I could remove the far right dir listing, but I like the workflow as is.

Is there a way of making TC pop-up the full name when click and/or hover over the name?

Image: https://i.imgur.com/EW65RSx.png

Much appreciated.
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to popup a long File name in Tree View in full length in an yellow tooltip

Post by *Stefan2 »

Configuration > Options...
Display: Show filename as tooltip

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to popup a long File name in Tree View in full length?

Post by *petermad »

2hansangb
You can also use the Menu: "Show" -> "Vertical Arrangement" to show the two file panels under each other.

You can make a button in the buttonbar with the command: cm_VerticalPanels - then you can swiftly shift between horizontal and vertical panel arrangement.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
hansangb

Re: How to popup a long File name in Tree View in full length?

Post by *hansangb »

Thank you both! That options even says "..as tooltip if truncated" :) I looked at the options a million times but completely missed it.

@petermad, Thanks, the vertical works better for me. But I'll look at the commands available to jump left and right as well. I love the keyboard shortcuts for the path on top of the trees. So much more efficient using keyboard shortcuts.

Is there *anything* this program can't do???? :D