Right click settings are different than on my old PC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Adnan

Right click settings are different than on my old PC

Post by *Adnan »

Hello
I have used TC for about two years and whenever I used right click it looked something like this: https://imgur.com/rtjX07O
And now after I bought a new PC, I installed TC and tried to set everything as it was but I just couldn't. I tried everything like comparing the settings or even copy-pasting the entire TC folder but I still get this ugly menu: https://imgur.com/kk6DOYU

My question is: how do I get the old one back? and most importantly, how do I get 7-zip to show up? (I already installed it and installed the plugin, but still not showing up...)

Thank you!
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Right click settings

Post by *Stefan2 »

Adnan wrote: 2021-04-26, 14:07 UTC Hello
I have used TC for about two years and whenever I used right click it looked something like this: https://imgur.com/rtjX07O
And now after I bought a new PC, I installed TC and tried to set everything as it was but I just couldn't. I tried everything like comparing the settings or even copy-pasting the entire TC folder but I still get this ugly menu: https://imgur.com/kk6DOYU

My question is: how do I get the old one back?

Install the same software on the new pc as you did on the old pc to see that applications in the right click menu.

Adnan wrote: 2021-04-26, 14:07 UTC and most importantly, how do I get 7-zip to show up? (I already installed it and installed the plugin, but still not showing up...)

Thank you!

A plugin is never shown in context menu (only in WindowsTM installed applications are shown, if they install context menu handlers).
The 7-zip-plugin can be used like all default packers in TC. (f.ex. with ALT+F5 - Pack selected files)

Which OS do you use here, and which bitness?
Which TC version? 32- or 64-bit?

Utilize menu "Configuration > Change Settings Files Directly..." and look in wincmd.ini if you have a line "X64menu="
Help wrote:X64menu=
Show 'x64' submenu in context menu ('x32' in 64-bit version),
default =1 in 32-bit only

Adnan

Re: Right click settings are different than on my old PC

Post by *Adnan »

Install the same software on the new pc as you did on the old pc to see that applications in the right click menu.
I already did. The same application don't show up on the new PC. VS Code for example.
Adnan

Post by *Adnan »

A plugin is never shown in context menu (only in WindowsTM installed applications are shown, if they install context menu handlers).
The 7-zip-plugin can be used like all default packers in TC. (f.ex. with ALT+F5 - Pack selected files)
I meant the option "7-Zip" in the menu that shows up when right clicking.
Adnan

Post by *Adnan »

Which OS do you use here, and which bitness?
Which TC version? 32- or 64-bit?
I use win 10 on both devices. I installed the "64+32bit version combined"
Adnan

Post by *Adnan »

Utilize menu "Configuration > Change Settings Files Directly..." and look in wincmd.ini if you have a line "X64menu="
I can't see this line, no
joe910

Post by *joe910 »

7-zip has a setting that would solve the issue of 7-zip showing up on the context menu. Open 7-zip, Go to Tools, Options, 7Zip. You'll see options to integrate 7zip into the shell context menu. As for the ugly context menu, I would say that the windows colors are not the same between the two computers.
Adnan

Post by *Adnan »

7-zip has a setting that would solve the issue of 7-zip showing up on the context menu. Open 7-zip, Go to Tools, Options, 7Zip. You'll see options to integrate 7zip into the shell context menu. As for the ugly context menu, I would say that the windows colors are not the same between the two computers.
Thank you. That certainly helped with 7-Zip.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Adnan
TC is only responsible for three items in the right-click menu: "View (Lister)", "Pack Files" and "x32" or "x64" and then a few items in the x32/x64 submenu: "Configure..." and "Properties". All other items are provided by the system or other installed programs.

If you have made internal associations for TC these will also be shown in the top of the right-click menu
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar