Launch command with (source/target OR selected files)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Re: Launch command with (source/target OR selected files)

Post by *Hacker »

jackhab,
Defining custom compare tool does not solve it since it always requires two files/dirs to be marked
I don't think it does. I works the same way as the internal tool. Unless, of course, you want to compare differently named files, as in your first screenshot.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Hacker wrote: 2021-05-05, 12:14 UTC jackhab,
Defining custom compare tool does not solve it since it always requires two files/dirs to be marked
I don't think it does. I works the same way as the internal tool. Unless, of course, you want to compare differently named files, as in your first screenshot.

Roman
He can also compare different file names by selecting them.
Define a compare tool doesn't require to select file names it uses the same logic as the internal compare.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Horst.Epp,
Define a compare tool doesn't require to select file names it uses the same logic as the internal compare.
That's exactly what I said.
However the point is I think jackhab does not want to use the logic of the internal compare tool exactly. When no files are selected, the internal compare tool takes the name under cursor in the active panel and compares it to the same name in the inactive panel. jackhab wants to compare it to the focused file in the inactive panel which might have a different name.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.