TC10: Checksum created from a stream: how to have them as a column?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gemasn

TC10: Checksum created from a stream: how to have them as a column?

Post by *gemasn »

I want to know the checksum created from a stream, in order to verify that files copied are ok. I know that version 10 supports this:

"Support checksum created from a stream, showing up as "<checksum> -" (checksum followed by two spaces and a dash)"

I don't know where I have to write "<checksum> -". I would like to have them as a column.

Thank you in advance.
Regards.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC10: Checksum created from a stream: how to have them as a column?

Post by *sqa_wizard »

The above mentioned "Support checksum created from a stream" refers to a check via a checksum of the file at the clipboard.
e.g.
old : 81350c4efec5a183725fda73091c9ee9d4577bc3
new: 81350c4efec5a183725fda73091c9ee9d4577bc3 -myfilename.ext

The procedure is the same:
1.Copy the checksum from elsewhere via Ctrl-C
2. select the filename at TC
3. Select from main menu "Files - Verify Checksums"

If you prefer to have a column, you may use a content plugin like LotsOfHashes and create custom columns for all types of checksums you need.
#5767 Personal license
gemasn

Post by *gemasn »

Thank you very much!
I don't understand step 1,... It's supposed that, when you copy, if you have "verify files copied" from main menu /options /copy files, from version 10 th, you can see the checksum from the stream, writing somewhere "<checksum> -" . Where do you write it?
Thank you, regards!
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

Hi and welcome 2gemasn
gemasn wrote: 2021-08-06, 10:58 UTC Thank you very much!
I don't understand step 1,... It's supposed that, when you copy, if you have "verify files copied" from main menu /options /copy files, from version 10 th, you can see the checksum from the stream, writing somewhere "<checksum> -" . Where do you write it?
Thank you, regards!

You don't have to write <checksum> anywhere.
"<checksum>" is just an placeholder in the description, where the actual checksum would be written in real use.

To get/create a checksum, select your file and chose menu "Files > Create Checksum Files(s)..."

To compare an already gotten checksum,
- select a checksum file (e.g.: *.md5) and use menu "Files > Verify Checksums (from checksum files)"
-or-
- copy the already gotten checksum to the clipboard, select the file to check and use menu "Files > Verify Checksums (from checksum files)"

For to use checksum comparing on copy action,
enable menu "Configuration > Options... > Copy/Delete >>> General Copy+Delete options: [x]Verify after copying (MD5 checksum)"
and copy a file from one panel to the other.

Hi pals, what else is possible? Please take over.

gemasn

Post by *gemasn »

This is what I want to do but how do we know the copy is ok without making again the checksum (Files/Verify Checksums).
I want to know,if I have enabled menu "Configuration > Options... > Copy/Delete >>> General Copy+Delete options: [x]Verify after copying (MD5 checksum)", that the copy is ok (without making again the checksum). It's supposed it's verified from the checksum got from the stream...
Thank you otherwise !!!

Regards.