Problems with FXP in Total Commander 5.50

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cavey

Problems with FXP in Total Commander 5.50

Post by *cavey »

Hi!

It says at ghisler.com that TC supports FXP transfers. Well, I can easily do it with FlashFXP, but when I do it with TC, it says that the client probably doesn't supports it.

Is there a plugin I've missed? some settings? I love TC, and I really do not want to use FlashFXP :(

Hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I have searched both the forum and the main site + google for help...
fabiochelly
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fabiochelly »

I have the same problem. I never succeeded in using FXP with TC whereas it works fine with other programs.
Fabio Chelly.
Lorsqu'on s'occupe d'informatique il faut faire comme les canards...
Paraître calme en surface et pédaler comme un forcené par en dessous
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately your bug report doesn't help me much. Can you post a history of commands sent to the two servers, please? You can get it by double clicking on the FTP log window on the right side of the FTP toolbar. Thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
cavey

Post by *cavey »

Hmmm... It's suddenly working now! I tried with some small text files, and that worked. And then I tried the other bigger files again, and then it worked to... :)

It was probably just something with my internet connection or something! Sorry to bother you!

thanx for a great program! we are telling all our friends to buy it!
lzvk25

Post by *lzvk25 »

When you create an FTP connection, in the "FTP Connection Details" screen, do not specify "Local Dir" for both sites. Then open the first site, press "Tab" to move to the other panel and open the second site. If you have the corresponding permissions, you sould be able to use the FXP. :D