Another feature request

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

The Shrike

Another feature request

Post by *The Shrike »

Hi, I am fairly new to the forum, so I don't know if it is asked before...

I would like to be able to chose the columns that are shown in the full file list.

Columns that I am currently missing are:
Owner
Author

In general the columns that I am able to see when I use windows explorer.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm sorry but additional columns are not supported. Reason: There is simply not enough space with two file windows. Explorer usually takes more than half of the screen width.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Hi Christian

This is where my request (elsewhere in the forum) for an ability to "freeze" columns (as in a spreadsheet such as Excel) would apply!
I'm sorry but additional columns are not supported. Reason: There is simply not enough space with two file windows. Explorer usually takes more than half of the screen width.
Really now, some of us run in 1600x1200 with 9 point file display font size, so of course a lot of additional info would fit just fine!
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
The Shrike

Post by *The Shrike »

JohnFredC wrote:Hi Christian

This is where my request (elsewhere in the forum) for an ability to "freeze" columns (as in a spreadsheet such as Excel) would apply!
Really now, some of us run in 1600x1200 with 9 point file display font size, so of course a lot of additional info would fit just fine!
Additionaly to this, that is why I want the columns to be customizable, maybe not show other columns in that case. An other option would be to have only one of the 2 panels show that kind of information and make the other panel smaller with less information. If I can quickly switch between the different setups (like with the comments) it shoulw work out okay I think.

What I am currently doing is startup explorer with parameter current directory if I need that information. That is just a slight hassle since I don't like explorer so much :)
Hans

Post by *Hans »

Others even have 2 Monitors (where one is always completely covered with TC)
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Hans wrote:Others even have 2 Monitors (where one is always completely covered with TC)
How on earth I didn't think of that!!! A dedicated monitor for TC! I'm grabing my keys and on my way for some shopping! ;-)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I would prefer left panel of TC on the first monitor, and the right one on the second monitor... :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

djk wrote:I would prefer left panel of TC on the first monitor, and the right one on the second monitor... :-)
that would be awesome
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Another way to see more columns: split panes vertically (cm_VerticalPanels). :)
djk wrote:I would prefer left panel of TC on the first monitor, and the right one on the second monitor... :)
And huge command line on the third one (under first two ones). :lol: