[Bug?] Audio-CD playback with F3 doesn't stop...

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

IRCer

[Bug?] Audio-CD playback with F3 doesn't stop...

Post by *IRCer »

Recently, I've noticed strange behavior of Lister - what happens, is when I try to play any of Audio-CD tracks with F3, the playback by itself works okay, but I can't stop it - when I close Lister window (no matter if I press ESC or click 'X') the playback continues - what's even more strange, it's still playing even after I close TC... what's wrong? I'm using v5.51, I think I didn't have similar problem with previous versions, but I'm not sure, though...
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

So you should first press "stop" in the lister and then close it. :-)

Anyway, you are right - its behaviour is really strange. At my computer (WinXP) it works in the same way.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
IRCer

Post by *IRCer »

Heh, that's kind of temporary solution, thx ;]
However, when I press STOP another bizzare thing happens - the playback stops, but the time progress is still going on - it increases by smaller and smaller value, then it eventually stops after minute or more - I'm using Win XP (Pro), too - maybe it's windoze fault? Still, it'd be nice, if it could be fixed somehow.. :]
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

IRCer wrote:Heh, that's kind of temporary solution, thx ;]
However, when I press STOP another bizzare thing happens - the playback stops, but the time progress is still going on - it increases by smaller and smaller value, then it eventually stops after minute or more - I'm using Win XP (Pro), too - maybe it's windoze fault? Still, it'd be nice, if it could be fixed somehow.. :]
That's true.
What else: I can't move the indicator for example to the middle of the track. I mean, I can do it, but it gets back :-) moreover the timer is increasing then.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
IRCer

Post by *IRCer »

Yeah... now I've noticed, that even though I select just one file (track) (I mean, I even don't select it by INS, it's just highlited) and press F3 while I'm on it, the lister window shows-up with time like 1:17:08, which is obviously time for my whole cd, not for the single track...kinda weird.. The other thing I've just discovered - when I close Lister without STOPping it before, and I press F3 on some audio-cd track again, it "recalls" the window of still-playing Lister. so I can stop playback - it's some workaround for now, but in general, Lister behavior (or rather just particularly Audio-CD playback) seems to be pretty buggy right now... :-/
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Have you ever used mmedia plugin for lister? It's much better. :-)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
IRCer

Post by *IRCer »

Hm, just tried it and it didn't work the way I like... At first, it didn't work at all - it just showed up with WMP-like interface and said "Connecting..." and did nothing more (that was in Audio-CD case)... Then, I've tried it with MP3 file - plugin and Total Commander freezed... Finally, I tried with Audio-CD again, and this time - it kinda "worked", but it loads quite slow and it shows that crappy WMP visualisation, not giving any option to disable it :-/ I guess it's because that plugin is WMP-based - probably nice for guys who like that visualisation thingie and stuff like that, which does not necessarily include me ;] Generally, I use Lister in TC just as a quick-check type of thing, like I listen to few seconds of track and continue listening in other app if it's worth it ;] or skip to other track - that used work out quite good when ESC worked, now, when I have to stop it manually - well.. it's not what I want...
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

It really uses WMP but you can disable it in mmedia.ini and it's faster then:

UseMCI=1

Unfortunately, this case it behaves like typical lister (I mean with the above bugs) :-(

So it's time to correct the lister... :-)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl