problems with using totalcmd in Win XP with more users

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

moen

problems with using totalcmd in Win XP with more users

Post by *moen »

I've instalated totalcmd when there was just one defined user. Throough instalation it has asked me, if I want to allow using totalcmd to all user. I am sure I've checked yes. But now I've added one more user and he is not able to access ini files (either wcx_ftp.ini nor wincmd.ini).

I tried to reinstall commander but through this second instalation it didnt ask me any question about more users using.

I dont know if it is important but locaton of ini files I've chosed program directory which is accessable for all users.

Thanks for any help.

moen

P.S: please excuse my english... I hope that it is good enough to understand my problem from this text.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

First of all you should get the INIRELOC tool to do or redo the missing settings from :

http://www.ghisler.com/tools.htm#other

Now you can choose to have a separate ini file for each user in his/her own profile, so each one can modify the preferences.

Another way is to put it to the program directory for general use, such as you tried to do.

By default the ini files are put into the WINDOWS directory, so have a look for the new user if his/her settings are pointing to this location.
(use Help / About menu at TC)

Note that not every user has write access to WINDOWS directory.
#5767 Personal license
moen

Post by *moen »

thanks a lot ... i ve got a little problems with win registries but in the end it is runing like i want