FTP client - feature request

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

djk
Power Member
Power Member

FTP client - feature request

Post by *djk »

During uploading files to ftp server I can choose option "Convert filenames to lowercase". Could this option be moved or rather copied to ftp definitions "FTP: connection details"?
I'd like to be able to save this option as default for an individual connection.
Till now I've always used to convert filenames to lowercase, but now I have a server where the files shouldn't be converted and... I often forget to change the checkbox. :-(
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I put this in the F5 copy dialog box because it's changed quite often in every day work. Unfortunately making it configurable also by server would conflict with the current solution...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

You are right, but usually (at least in my case) for some servers you always convert the filenames and for the others you never do.
I must admin that now I have some problems with it, because I really often send files to different servers and sometimes in a hurry I forget to change the parameter and... the files are unaccessable for users of my web page. :-(

Maybe you could add a parameter to the configuration of a server with three states:
- always convert the filenames to lowercase
- never convert the filenames to lowercase
- use the last state of the parameter (I mean dont't take into account the two above parameters)
Christian, please... :-)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
piranha

Post by *piranha »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I put this in the F5 copy dialog box because it's changed quite often in every day work. Unfortunately making it configurable also by server would conflict with the current solution...
There is way around it..
The setting in "server window" would be a default value for F5.
It would need two settings though, "use default value" and "what is default value".
After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breath and reboot.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

The same way option "Download in background" could be also added to server properties. Some of the FTP servers allow several connection, another don't - so it would be fine if I could set it.
Of course just like the previous option - settings in server properties would be default values for the operation. I could, of course, change it just before the operation.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl