Win RAR -

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

godot

Win RAR -

Post by *godot »

Just wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem - large rars of the rar and lots of r.01 etc files type which contain a number of files dont open properly - you just get the biggest file

This is very annoying cos im usually talking about bin and cues - and one is a bit useless without the other
Spaghettificus

Post by *Spaghettificus »

what's the filename of the rar?
godot

Post by *godot »

ive got lots of them - and they all work fine in winrar

They all back up cds so they are rather too big to give you an example to look at !

Just hoped someone would know how to get all the files out
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

IIRC TC only shows the files that begin in each volume so if you want extract them all the best way to go probably is Alt-F9 on the first volume.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander only shows the files which start in the opened partial file. So if you have a big and a small file in the RAR, open the last part too to find the small file.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
godot

Post by *godot »

Fantastic - thanks for the help ! It works
(john)

Post by *(john) »

Being a RAR loyalist, this was one of the first areas that I began to squirm about.

Without TC being able to "Merge Volume Contents" for multi-part RAR archives, "Treat archives like directories" is badly crippled for me and may be shut off.

To be more specific, I'm only speaking of being able to see what's inside the archive set.

I realize there are probably issues with this option and very large, 'solid' and other nuances of varying archive formats and trying to emulate seamless archive support.

..especially in tems of drag & drop functionality, which I don't have high opinions about. Reminds me of STACKER, Doublespace etc. If I want drag and drop compression I'll use blowfish. ;)
piranha

Post by *piranha »

(john) wrote:If I want drag and drop compression I'll use blowfish. ;)
Hey! Leave fish alone!
After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breath and reboot.