Need Help, Cant Copy Files

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Patriot

Need Help, Cant Copy Files

Post by *Patriot »

System: Windows XP, Nero Burning

I can?t copy to a CD-R disc with Total Commander anymore. When I drag a file from one side of Total Commander to the other side of Total Commander to copy it to a CD-R, I get a pop-up window that says ?Copy 1 file(s) to E:\*.* ? with an OK box to click, so I click OK and then I get a message that says ?Error : Directory [Autorun] not created!?

I tried the same disc I copied before but now Total Commander will not copy from it when it used to. I can get Total Commander to copy to a CD-RW disc but not to a CD-R disc anymore.

Can someone help please?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Please take a look at http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=870 - might help.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Patriot

Post by *Patriot »

Thanks Roman, but the link http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=870
did not help.

Total Commander can find the CD-R drive because I have a file on the disc, but I when I drag a file from one side of Total Commander to the other side of Total Commander to copy it to a CD-R, I get a pop-up window that says "Copy 1 file(s) to E:\*.* " with an OK box to click, so I click OK and then I get a message that says "Error : Directory [Autorun] not created!"

Strangely though, my Total Commander can drag a file to a CD-RW disc, but it won't work with a CD-R disc. However I can drag files from Total Commander to my CD-R files waiting to be written window, but then when I bring up both discs on Total Commander and tell it to compare discs the files not in a folder that I wrote to the disc how up in red (indicating a difference in hte files)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hmm, try using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to copy the files to a CD - there is a bug in XP which doesn't allow direct copying per F5 (per Drag&Drop probably, too).

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.