Paths with slashes

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Paths with slashes

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]Finally... Thank you for the environment, Christian.

On 28-01-2003 21:23 Polus wrote:

P> When using the CD command on the TC commandline
P> with a path containing "/" (instead of "\"), TC
P> changes to the correct directory, but fails
P> afterwards when navigating to ".."

Yes, quite a typical situation of intermittent work under win and NIX. Actually you "steal" my bug-report I intended to write today - what a coincedense... :).

P> The path in the "current path" bar also contains
P> "/" instead of "\" when using "/" with the CD
P> command.

In my case it looks like this:

c:\/WINNT/system32/\
c:\/TEMP\
c:\/Program Files/Windows NT/Accessories\

i.e. Commander puts the "NIX-separated" part inside a couple of back slashes. The strange thing is Commander (as well as CMD.EXE) can process such a path from CL but refuse to do it from history list.
Well, may be this behavior have some reason, I don't know, but I'll rather want Commander to convert all separating slashes in a local paths into back ones instead of present day processing. On the other hand such a filter should omit parameters separetors so may be it's not so easy to impement such a thing.

And one more thing about command line I want to mention. AFAIK CL "internal mode" feature can make a lot of people happy - an optional feature forcing Commander to process all local paths, UNCs, URLs internally w/o "cd". Yes, I understand this is the "right" way commander process them now, but actually I can't remember I ever wanted to open any folder or share in explorer window...[/face]