Feature Request: Synchronize Window & normal file menu a

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kswenson

Feature Request: Synchronize Window & normal file menu a

Post by *kswenson »

I love the product, and have introduced many friends to it. Since I like, I will take the time to pass on a situation I face which is difficult for me to handle.

I have a directory on my laptop which I synchronise to a virtual file system which is a source control system. Transfers out of the SCS are fine. But, for everyfile transferred into the SCS:

1. if the file already exists in the SCS, then before the transfer I need to perform a "check-out".
2. regardless of whether it previously existed, after copying the file, I need to perform a "check-in"

Number 1 above is made difficult because the normal windows menu (right mouse click) are not available in the synchronize window. I have to close the synch window, go manually find each the files, and check them out. Then go back to synchronize. Since I can not print out the synchronize list, I am reduced to using screen shots of the list of files.

Number 2 above is made difficult because the list of files successfully transferred is not preserved. Again, a printout would be OK, but better would be a list of the files transferred so I can use the right-mouse-button menu and perform the check-in.

Is it possible to access the file menu within the synch window?
Can I get a list of files transferred preserved someplace?
Can someone think up a better work-around than screen shots?

-Keith
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

the normal windows menu (right mouse click) are not available in the synchronize window. I have to close the synch window, go manually find each the files, and check them out. Then go back to synchronize.

Just open another instance.

Since I can not print out the synchronize list, I am reduced to using screen shots of the list of files.

Please take a look at http://www.bearfacts2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286 .

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
kswenson

Post by *kswenson »

Thanks for the helpful response. I had not noticed the "print" option before, so that is better than a screen shot. Opening a second instance is a better idea, and I actually have used this often in the past for the "before" copy list of files to check-out.

But, remember the directory tree that I am synchronizing has thousands of files, and dozens or hundreds of directories. Each time there are only a few files that change. The synchronize function is so nice that it finds all those files, but then it is a large bother to manually navigate to the same file in a different instance of TotalCommander.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well, you could make a Search for the file (in the other instance). There you either just type the name or the full name with path which you can get by doubleclicking on the file (pair) in the Synchronize dirs window and then the Compare by contents window opens where you can select the filename with full path and copy it to clipboard. You could also paste the full path into the current directory line above a file panel (strip the filename first). Or you could activate the Branch view and then just type Ctrl-Alt and the first few letters of the filename (quick search).
If you only need to view the files with lister you can press F3 / Shift-F3 in the Synchronize dirs window to view the left / right file (but you already know that).

BTW: This might help you more - http://www.scootersoftware.com/ .

HTH a bit
Roman