and restart TC, plugin will be English.

Edit:

Code: Select all

LanguageIni=WCMD_blabla_XYZ.LNG
works too.

Code: Select all

LanguageIni=blabla_XYZ.LNG
works too.

So, petermad is right. Why has ghisler not mentioned that in the thread? All that stupid testing for nothing.

Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2006-02-17, 00:23 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This account is for sale
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2icfu
but if you change it to WCMD_whateveryouwant_XYZ.LNG then the language will be XYZ - as it will if you change it to WCMD_XYZwhateveryouwant.LNG :!:
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I have edited at the same time...
Good night and congratulations. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
orndorff

Post by *orndorff »

Wow, I just wanted to answer the original question and didn't expect all this discussion. I have never had a problem, maybe because I don't modify TC a lot. For the record, I simply make a copy of WCMD_ENG.MNU and I call it WCMD_ENG_RMO.MNU , I then go to Configuration->Options->Language and set the "Main menu file" to the file I just made.

This has never caused any issue that I am aware of and I do not mess with the .lng file at all. What reason is there to mess with the .lng file? All I want to do is add my extra menu functions.

Is there a better way?
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Wow, I just wanted to answer the original question and didn't expect all this discussion. I have never had a problem, maybe because I don't modify TC a lot.
The discussion was not caused by you actually but is a result of misunderstandings in another thread, don't worry.
For the record, I simply make a copy of WCMD_ENG.MNU and I call it WCMD_ENG_RMO.MNU , I then go to Configuration->Options->Language and set the "Main menu file" to the file I just made.

This has never caused any issue that I am aware of and I do not mess with the .lng file at all. What reason is there to mess with the .lng file?
This has been answered by Sheepdog:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=81211#81211

So, try renaming the menu file to WCMD_RMO_ENG.MNU and the language file to WCMD_RMO_ENG.LNG. If you then open the language dialog and choose the language file, the menu file is autoselected. This is very comfortable for people using more than one menu file and therefore wanting to regularly switch it. You save some keypresses, that's all.

For english users it doesn't matter if the _ENG string is placed at the end or if there is an _ENG string at all, this is only important for people wanting to make use of the autotranslation of content plugins to their language.
All I want to do is add my extra menu functions. Is there a better way?
If there is a better way depends on your needs.
The WCMD_ENG.MNU is very basic so you could upgrade to a 3rd party menu file like that from pdavit or petermad, you can find them here:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/TCExtMenu.html
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/TcMenu32_en_653.html

Regarding your copytoclipboard entry, these are already included. Personally I don't use the menu for copying to clipboard but decent hotkeys like Shift+C and Ctrl-Shift-C. No questions how to create them please, this thread has gone offtopic enough I think. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale