FTP log minor issue

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Isica

FTP log minor issue

Post by *Isica »

The second connection to the server, which was initiated by Shift+F5, does not have any prefix in the FTP log. This creates confusion.
In a good way, you should add a prefix of the form "0.2:" (or ".2:"), "1.2:", "2.2:", etc.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FTP log minor issue

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's because there is no second user-accessible connection.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Isica

Re: FTP log minor issue

Post by *Isica »

You apparently did not understand the essence of the problem.
Suppose I created two primary (or, in your terminology, two "user-accessible") connections to two different servers. Wherein, two buttons appeared on the TDrivePanel ("0" and "1"), and in the log it looks like this:
----------
SSL: Libraries loaded OK! C:\WinCmd\libeay32.dll
Connect to: (17.12.2019 4:27:36)
hostname=server0
Connect ok!
1:----------
1:Connect to: (17.12.2019 4:27:52)
1:hostname=server1
1:Connect ok!
Then on the panel "1" I press Shift + F5, and a secondary connection is created to server1. But in the log it looks like this:
----------
Connect to: (17.12.2019 4:28:08)
hostname = server1
Connect ok!
That is, neither the fact that this is a secondary connection (not user-accessible) nor the primary connection to which it was created can be seen in the log.
And it is not possible to understand which server and within which connection these commands were sent.
I suggest doing so:
1.2:----------
1.2:Connect to: (17.12.2019 4:28:08)
1.2:hostname = server1
1.2:Connect ok!
where 1 is the number of the primary (user-accesseble) connection (the number of the button on the TDrivePanel),
and .2: is a sign of a secondary connection (more precisely, its number, because, in the general case, several secondary can be opened to each primary connection).