clicking on taskbar does not activate (show) Total Commander Window (nothing happens)

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sevec

clicking on taskbar does not activate (show) Total Commander Window (nothing happens)

Post by *sevec »

I have this issue for a long time (since 8.0?). Sometimes (!) clicking on taskbar does not show Total Commander Window (nothing happens). If I run several instances, some of them may open fluently (by clicking on their not-combined taskbar buttons), one instance may refuse to react. The weird is that it's always possible to activate/show the window by Alt-Tab. After such “refreshment”, it's again possible to activate/show it by clicking on taskbar.
Running 9.50 x64 on Win10 x64..
siealex

Re: clicking on taskbar does not activate (show) Total Commander Window (nothing happens)

Post by *siealex »

Does it happen only with TC?
We are not so S.M.A.R.T. as we imagine...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: clicking on taskbar does not activate (show) Total Commander Window (nothing happens)

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Not confirmed. Does anyone else have this problem?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sudden

Post by *sudden »

I have the same problem sporadically on two different computers (both running Windows 10 Pro).
When this occur I need to minimize the windows that are in front of the Total Commander window, then click once anywhere in the TC window. After that it works again. I use TC more or less constantly and this happens 2-3 times a week. It has never happenbed for any other application.
I have really tried, but have not been able to see any sign of in which situation it occurs.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It may help to click on another window and then on TC - Windows may assume by mistake that TC is already in the foreground.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
siealex

Post by *siealex »

Does it happen after standby (or hibernation)? If yes (and only in this case), it's a very old Windows bug existing since Windows 2000, if not even earlier. Sometimes several windows are thrown outside the screen on hibernation, the only way to bring them back is to right-click the taskbar button (or thumbnail in W10) and click Move (or Resize), then move the window using keyboard arrows.
We are not so S.M.A.R.T. as we imagine...