Displays truncated, cut off etc

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

louwin

Displays truncated, cut off etc

Post by *louwin »

I reported this bug before and was told to play around with the DPI setting but it hasn't helped.

I use a 4K TV as a monitor, Windows 10 64bit Pro. I don't know if this problem effects ordinary 2K displays?

I'll try to upload a picture, hopefully it will tell it's own tale....

https://ibb.co/h8hkWS7

Added by Moderator, Link to mentioned first report:
Font size in Configuration Menus etc >> viewtopic.php?p=389476#p389476
There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand binary and those who don't.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Displays truncated, cut off etc

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Christian advised what you could try to do.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-06-22, 09:41 UTC Please set the font size for _dialogs_ to 12 or smaller, and then use a higher DPI value like 300. Why? The fonts get scaled with the DPI, and using to big fonts will cause overlaps.
I see in your screenshot that you seemingly ignored that advice.
Well, though luck then...
louwin

Post by *louwin »

I have a 4K display and ALL the screen space I could hope for and eyes that aren't as good as they once were so I selected a larger font to see my content :) So you're saying if I want a larger than 12 font I have to live with the truncations. So it's MY fault that I want a larger font for my display?
Seems fair (sarcasm).... :shock:
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2louwin
Did you actually try what Ghisler wrote? Select a smaller font and a higher DPI. From your screenshots it doesn't look like it.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2louwin
It seems that you don't want to know how things work in Windows.

1. If you want to resize the whole interface, you should reset sizes of fonts/icons and first globally change DPI. It's NOT a workaround, it's the right way, that's how the system works.
2. Only then you can play with sizes of separate elements, including fonts/icons to make corrections which may be needed because of different font metrics or icon resolution.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
louwin

Post by *louwin »

You're right! I don't know how Windows works! I'm a retired Mainframe Programmer.... I programmed (mainframe) systems used Australia wide....
Font 12 is too small for me.... At a strain I can see it so I selected 18. Then I noticed all the requesters, notifications etc got truncated. No big deal as I knew what they all were anyway. Out of curiosity I reported it. I was told use 12 and play around with DPI. I did. Couldn't get the size of the script big enough.... so I reported it again. I was told - you did things wrong so tough!!!! Thanks, that was a great help :(
Usher's instructions "you should reset sizes of fonts/icons and first globally change DPI" are a bit better but how do I reset font sizes for the whole interface etc etc etc? Options/Fonts is the only place I can see that applies to Fonts????
And BTW, I DID try 12 and played around with the DPI and just did it again for good measure.... I'm obviously doing things wrong... Could someone just tell me what (without "tough" comments?)
TIA :)